CLick here for CEOP
Our Vision, Aims, Values & Mission
Small School, Big Dreams!
A great place to learn, grow and succeed.
“Smeeth is a happy, friendly school with a family atmosphere and a hardworking school community.” (Ofsted Report Nov 2014)
- To provide a safe, caring, creative and stimulating learning environment, delivering the National Curriculum. We develop lively and enquiring minds in an environment where everyone is valued, irrespective of gender, race, culture, disability or ability.
- To utilise the benefits of our rural setting, exploring and developing life-long learning skills and risk awareness. To provide for the children’s spiritual, moral, physical and mental well-being, by developing a respect for themselves, the school community, their locality and an awareness of their role in the wider world.
- To encourage children to become confident, independent thinkers with a sense of individual worth, ensuring they are equipped for the next stage throughout their primary education and that they are secondary ready by the end of Year 6.
- To maintain high standards of behaviour by promoting self-discipline and understanding for the needs and wishes of others.
- To provide broad and balanced learning experiences which foster high standards and enable every child to achieve their full potential in all subjects.
- To create individual and effective provision for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, including challenging provision for gifted and talented children.
- To promote effective and efficient management and administration leading to high standards of staff development, sharing good practice for the benefit of staff and the children in our care.
- To maintain strong relationships within our school and the schools in our CARE Foundation Trust, by recognising and celebrating the contribution of staff, pupils, governors, parents, the Parent & Friends Society (PFS), school council and the local community.
The above mission statement and aims were reviewed and agreed by all stakeholders during our School Vision Day in January 2018.
Children’s Mission Statement: Agreed by School Council
Our School is a happy place because the children have decided to listen carefully to others, to take care of each other, to try hard in their learning and behaviour, share their skills, include others and respect each other and take care of their surroundings.